Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Art of Risking It All

The difference between "shouldn't" and "should" is usually defined by a person's courage of taking a risk.
 
I saw this on Charlie today and it reminded me of the things that I didn't do in my life.


Mark Twain, an American author, once wrote:
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Yes, there would be countless times that you'll be denied, rejected. You'll fail at some point but there is no greater courage than to be the one who kisses first; to be one who jumps first; to be the one who sails through the ocean despite not knowing if there's actually something in there.

You may fail miserably but at least, you have a story to tell. You did something in your life.
They say you'll never feel more alive than that moment in between jumping off the cliff and hitting the water.

Chasing a dream isn't easy but people who never tried to chase a dandelion never gave their selves a chance to become what they have always wanted to be.
 A “hey, I may have failed spectacularly but at least I have a story to tell, I *did* something with my life and I’m a heck of a lot braver than I thought” is much better than a “what if I had tried that? Now I’ll never know, and always regret.”
                                                         - You, Me and Charlie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lora Gene Tumulak | Gone in Wanderland. Powered by Blogger.