Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Remembering William Shakespeare

On the 26th of April, year 1564, the world's most popular romantic was born. Then, after years of countless accounts of love and tragedy, he died and became a legend on the 23rd of April, year 1616.



I must say, I have always been a closet fan of Mr. Romantic himself - William Shakespeare.

Well, I guess the "closet" doesn't apply anymore.

The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark [more popularly known as 'Hamlet') will always be the most tragic tragedy play I've read (see how redundant that was) and my all-time favorite Shakespeare work. I have read so many plays under the tragedy form of drama yet, nothing gave Hamlet a run for it's money.

I'm not exactly a fan of Romeo and Juliet [probably Shakespeare's most popular work] but I dig his hopeless romantic antics. My second favorite would be A Midsummer Night's Dream and I plan to watch that on Broadway someday.

Since, it is April 24 and we're in between the date of Shakespeare's birth and death, I give to you my list of favorite Shakespeare quotations [having read some of his works during the summer of my high school days and one summer of my college era]. I only quoted the ones I have read.

I know! I read Shakespeare during the summer! Back the fuck off. HAHAHA.

“Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love.”

Hamlet

“We know what we are, but not what we may be.”
Hamlet

"What's done is done."
Macbeth

“The course of true love never did run smooth.”
A Midsummer Night's Dream

“And yet,to say the truth, reason and love keep little company together nowadays.”
A Midsummer Night's Dream 

"Love sought is good, but giv'n unsought is better."
Twelfth Night


"Everyone can master a grief but he that has it."
Much Ado About Nothing

“Don't waste your love on somebody, who doesn't value it.”
Romeo and Juliet


"The miserable have no other medicine but only hope."
Measure for Measure

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lora Gene Tumulak | Gone in Wanderland. Powered by Blogger.