Saturday, October 15, 2011

On happiness


I found this on my very personal folder of stuff I've written in the past. This is unfinished. I have found many unfinished stuff. Now I wonder how come I never finished them.

"People are unhappy because they are looking in the wrong places to be happy."

This was the message of the pastor when I went to church just the Sunday before my graduation day. It wasn't the first time I heard it, I heard it a couple of times already. And maybe I believed it all my life but I just can't put it into words.

We all want to happy - this is one thing I am very certain about. We find it in between talks and chat with friends, laughing at jokes, watching out favorite TV series, listening to our favorite music artist.
The family person can define happiness as a day out with the family or a even just a meal together. The grade conscious college student defines happiness as a "one" in the major subject. The extremes define it a cliff dive or a mountain hike. The travelers would define it as Paris or Hawaii.

But at the end of the day, everyone defines it a simple smile in the face before you sleep thinking, "I am where I'm supposed to be."
 
At that, I am asking you. Are you where you're supposed to be?

In life, we’re bound to accomplish three things: we’re born, we die and in between... that’s what we have to figure out as we go on.

I guess, happiness is not a destination. You don’t have to go find and search for it, all your life thinking that happiness is something big. I believe that more than anything, happiness is a state of mind. It’s a certain kind of vibe that comes from self-fulfillment.

I would have wanted to finish it but I dunno how. I can't remember how happy I was when I decided to write about it. Maybe someday, I can complete this thought.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lora Gene Tumulak | Gone in Wanderland. Powered by Blogger.